The interest of the modern Civilized world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as a complementary or alternative treatment therapy is rising and gaining popularity due to its holistic approach, emphasis on quality of life and protection against illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s immune system.
Constructing a strong immune system is crucial for that body to identify and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is actually a disease resulting from uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from any areas of the body. A weaker or impaired immunity will increase your susceptibility to various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also. Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the numerous preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
History of Ancient Herbal Remedy. Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is really a mushroom frequently used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it is actually called Ganoderma Lucidum Spore Oil meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi which means “herb from the spirit”. It was a really rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient time as well as Emperors from the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and long life. For more than 2000 years Reishi mushroom has become the most cherished and desired medicinal herb in Asia and rated among the superior herbs in the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance towards the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption without any unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance of the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was common as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research has shown that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and contains possible therapeutic potential as a dietary supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer. Medicinal mushrooms such as Deer Antler Powder and Cordyceps have well been documented in many recent research studies to become potent medicine to boost and keep the body’s immune function from certain compounds in them including polysaccharides which increase the activity from the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) which are vital to remove foreign cells(such as cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published within the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 demonstrated that reishi clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential as a health supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health Advantages of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own immunity mechanism by promoting the activity of antibodies
* improves the body’s effectiveness against stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* increases the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports a normal, restful sleep
* enhances vitality as well as
Tips to pick the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it provides the highest quality extract and has most scientific evaluations
* choose those with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and much better absorbed by body
* wood log cultivation – this determines the potency ahfqfr the resulting fungus
* search for Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the stability of reishi active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the strength of Reishi Spore Oil depends on its polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations are available, including extracts, health supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.